Watch CREtech Climate Summit Sessions On-Demand Now on CREtech+
CREtech Climate Summit Brings Together Climate Tech Leaders To Discuss A Path To Decarbonizing the Built Environment
New York, NY (May 21, 2021) — CREtech Climate, a platform devoted to educating and inspiring investment in climate tech, sustainability and ESG throughout the Built World, concluded the inaugural CREtech Climate Virtual Summit last week. The Summit brought together over 1,000 attendees from across the globe to hear from 20+ experts leading the way in climate tech.
Speakers addressed topics including the occupiers perspective on green workspaces, game-changing climate solutions estate investors and owners can take to green their portfolios, as well as addressing and assessing embodied carbon within buildings. Attendees also had the opportunity to hear from five climate tech companies implementing their technology solutions in buildings to cut carbon emissions, reduce waste and water usage, and save building owners money. These sessions and others from the Summit are now available to watch on-demand through CREtech+.
The CREtech Climate Summit focused on educating the real estate industry on climate tech best-practices and adoption through the following sessions:
- COP26 Preview: Spotlight on UK real estate’s climate change ambitions
- The Occupiers Perspective On Green Workspaces
- A Call to Action: The role of real estate in reducing carbon emissions
- Taking the Lead on Embodied Carbon: Guidance for Building Owners and Investors
- How Game-Changing Climate Solutions are a Win/Win for the Built Environment
- The Tech Perspective: Adopting Innovation is the Solution
- And more!
“I am incredibly pleased with the outcome of our first CREtech Climate event and am eager for CREtech Climate to continue to lead the industry in driving actionable change,” stated Beckerman. “With the real estate sector being responsible for over 40% of all carbon emissions globally, it is our duty to lead investors, asset owners, construction companies, architects/engineers and tenants toward a path to decarbonize the built environment. At the Summit, we had a fantastic lineup of climate tech leaders who delivered insightful messages and actionable strategies to the audience. We also had the opportunity to showcase groundbreaking technological solutions aimed to combat the climate crisis. While there is still much work that needs to be done, I am confident that we are headed in the right direction”, Beckerman concluded.
Leaders in the field that spoke at the Summit include:
- Michael Beckerman, CEO, CREtech
- Jenny Mitchell, LEED AP BD+C, Senior Manager, Workplace, Linkedin
- Melanie Leech,Chief Executive, British Property Federation
- Edward Vaughan Dixon, Head of ESG - Real Assets, Aviva Investors
- Guy Grainger, Guy Grainger, JLL
- Lorna Walker, COO and Head of ESG, Modomo
- Patrick McGrath, EVP, Chief Information Officer, Head of Client Technologies, Savills
- Michael Glatt, Vice Chairman, North American Head of Project Management, MACRO, A Savills Company
- Tyson Woeste, Partner, Fifth Wall
- Natalie Teear, Vice President, Sustainability and Social Impact, Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc.
- Mark Grinis, Global Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction Leader, EY
- Brandon Pizzola, Quantitative Economics and Statistics (QUEST) Senior Manager, EY
- Matthew Narracott, Nordics Real Estate Leader | Business Enablement, EY
- Stacy Smedley, Executive Director, Building Transparency
- Vaclav Hasik, Data and Methodology Manager, Building Transparency
- Meghan Lewis, Senior Researcher, Carbon Leadership Forum
- Anthony Hickling, Managing Director, Carbon Leadership Forum
- Kate Frucher, Managing Director and Co-Founder, The Clean Fight
- Ben Myers, Vice President, Sustainability, Boston Properties
- Christian Weeks, CEO, enVerid Systems
- Matthew Eggers, Investor, Breakthrough Energy Ventures
- John Gilbert, COO/EVP/CTO, Rudin Management Company
- Michael Rudin, Senior Vice President Rudin Management Company
- Felicite Moorman, Esq., Vice President, P2 Smart Building Suite, CommunityConnect at RealPage, Inc.
Tech demo sponsors include:
The CREtech Climate Virtual Summit was supported by CREtech Climate’s Founding Sponsors, Fifth Wall, EY, Logical Buildings RXR, Oxford Properties Group, Rudin Management Company, and Savills North America. CREtech’s industry partners including the British Property Federation, Building Transparency, Carbon Leadership Forum, Climate Futures, GRESB, MIT Center for Real Estate, NewCities, PropTech for Good, The Clean Fight, and the Urban Land Institute also aided in the production of the Summit.
All sessions are available to stream on-demand on CREtech+. Enjoy your first month FREE.
Join us at future CREtech events including CREtech Match Networking Event May 18-20, Reimagining Real Estate Virtual Summit July 20-22, and more!
About CREtech Climate
CREtech Climate serves as the “voice” of the real estate industry’s commitment to climate tech by developing a global consortium of thought-leaders, policy makers, venture capitalists, startups, and real estate companies. The overriding goal of CREtech Climate is to significantly reduce the industry’s carbon footprint by driving investments and encouraging the adoption of climate technologies as well as ESG/Sustainability initiatives.
CREtech is Reimagining Real Estate. We are the largest international community of professionals devoted to technological innovation in the real estate sector. Our mission is to help the industry embrace, adopt, and future proof its businesses. Our streaming, live/virtual events, and consulting platform inspires the next generation of ideas, processes, and people to champion the world's largest asset class.
Learn More: CREtech.com, CREtech+, CREtech Consulting, CREtech Climate